|Gerald Larson, 64|
|Written by TRF Times|
Red Lake Falls - Gerald Larson, 64, died Tuesday, May 31, 2005 at Veterans Hospital in Fargo, N.D.
Funeral services were held on Saturday, June 4, at Black River Lutheran Church in rural St. Hilaire, with Rev. Mark Helgeland officiating. Casket bearers included Joe Hanson, Duane Dargon, Rodney Ulrich, Mark Larson, Milton Hoidal. Interment was held at Black River Cemetery.
Gerald Edward Larson was born December 6, 1940 in Polk Centre Township, Pennington County, the son of Roy and Alma (Troland) Larson. He was baptized and confirmed at the Black River Lutheran Church. He attended country school and graduated from Lincoln High School in Thief River Falls in 1957.
Jerry served his country in the United States Army from June 11, 1958 until May 22, 1961. He served in Germany for two years and trained for nine weeks in AAA Remote Control Repair. Jerry then was transferred to the United States Army Reserve where he served until June 10, 1964.
On September 12, 1964 he was united in marriage to Evelyn M. Delorme at the St. Dorothy Catholic Church in Dorothy.
Following his discharge, Jerry worked driving truck. He worked hauling mobile homes around the country until the fall of 2004. He also owned and operated the Gang Plank and Geneva Lodge bars in Alexandria, until the mid-1970’s.
Jerry enjoyed old cars, tractors, hunting and fishing and owned several cars to be fixed up. He was a member of the Red Lake Falls Sportsman’s Club.
Survivors include two sons, Kevin Larson and Bruce Larson, both of Red Lake Falls; two grandchildren; mother, Alma Larson of Red Lake Falls; brothers and sisters, Darlene (Sy) Lucas of Alexandria, Dionne (Louis) Ulrich of Red Lake Falls, Richard (Phyllis) Larson of Red Lake Falls, and Sharon (Charles) Naplin of Thief River Falls; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his father, Roy; infant daughter, Roxanne, and brother, Leonard Larson. A00003B2005JN08