Template Tools



Welcome to the Thief River Falls Times & Northern Watch Online. Limited news is available without a subscription to The Times. However, the entire paper is available online with an online subscription.


Completing the work Print E-mail
Written by TRF Times   
Tuesday, 22 April 2014 13:48

Work continues on a storm sewer lift station for the Greenwood Street railroad underpass project. The work is expected to be completed soon. Other work still needs to be completed on the project. To facilitate the completion of the project, the Greenwood Street railroad underpass will be closed sometime between mid-May and mid-June.

TRF winner over Crookston Print E-mail
Written by TRF Times   
Tuesday, 22 April 2014 13:50

Two close matches went to Thief River Falls Monday, securing a 5-2 win over host Crookston in boys high school tennis.
Brady Nessen came up with a come-from-behind 1-6, 6-4, 7-5 decision at No. 4 singles, while Nick Onkka-Isaac Dvergsten rallied for a 4-6, 7-6 (7-4), 6-2 victory at No. 2 doubles as the Prowlers ran their dual meet record to 5-0.
Jorde Hutton and Ethan Johnson added singles points for the visitors and Michael Magnusson-Carter Onkka finished it with a win at No. 3 doubles.

LHS Choir Concert Print E-mail
Written by TRF Times   
Friday, 18 April 2014 10:06

The Lincoln High School Choral Department will present “Dream A Better World … Ignite the Spirit” May 11 an 12 in the Lincoln High School auditorium. Tickets are on sale now. To order tickets, go to www.lhschoir.com. Remember to print off the ticket and present it at the door. Special guests at the choir concert this year include newly signed RCA/Sony Gospel artists Darnell Davis and The Remnant plus Tonia Hughes, all from Minneapolis. This year’s choir will also perform shows in Minneapolis, New York City and Harlem. (Submitted)

Last Updated on Friday, 18 April 2014 10:28
NCTC robotics team to compete in California Print E-mail
Written by Scott DCamp   
Tuesday, 22 April 2014 13:47

The Northland Community & Technical College robotics team traveled to Anaheim, Calif., this week to compete in the World Championship - VEX University Robotics Competition.
The team, which is coached by Northland robotics instructor Andrew Dahlen, includes Cody Walseth, Peter Tydlack and Nick Radeke. The team flew to California on Tuesday and is scheduled to begin competition Thursday, April 24.
A total of 62 college robotics teams are entered into the competition, including international teams from  Mexico, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, China, Brazil, Columbia and Canada.

Nominations are sought for Prowler Hall of Fame Print E-mail
Written by TRF Times   
Friday, 18 April 2014 10:27

Nominations are open for a new list of inductees to the Prowler Hall of Fame in Thief River Falls.
You can obtain nominating forms from School District 564 activities director Mike Biermaier by calling 218-681-7140, or email This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .
Prowler Hall of Fame membership is designed to acknowledge those who have made exceptional contributions to enhance the stature of School District 564 through significance of achievement; quality of leadership; significance of performance; or quality of service.

Forecast For Thief River Falls, Minnesota
This feed will be redirected starting or shortly after March 15th of 2011
Chance Rain Showers, Probability Of Precipitation: 80%Snow Showers, Probability Of Precipitation: 20%Slight Chance Rain/Snow, Probability Of Precipitation: 20%Chance Rain/Snow, Probability Of Precipitation: 40%Chance Rain, Probability Of Precipitation: 30%
Chance Rain Showers
Hi 42°F - Lo 33°F
Snow Showers
Hi 50°F - Lo 32°F
Slight Chance Rain/Snow
Hi 49°F - Lo 32°F
Chance Rain/Snow
Hi 48°F - Lo 35°F
Chance Rain
Hi 49°F - Lo 32°F
Current Conditions:
The most current observation is more than 15860 hours old, please try again later.
Weather data provided by the National Weather ServiceMore...