Template Tools

ADVERTISEMENT

Banner

Welcome to the Thief River Falls Times & Northern Watch Online. Limited news is available without a subscription to The Times. However, the entire paper is available online with an online subscription.

ADVERTISEMENT

LHS Choir Concert Print E-mail
Written by TRF Times   
Friday, 18 April 2014 10:06

The Lincoln High School Choral Department will present “Dream A Better World … Ignite the Spirit” May 11 an 12 in the Lincoln High School auditorium. Tickets are on sale now. To order tickets, go to www.lhschoir.com. Remember to print off the ticket and present it at the door. Special guests at the choir concert this year include newly signed RCA/Sony Gospel artists Darnell Davis and The Remnant plus Tonia Hughes, all from Minneapolis. This year’s choir will also perform shows in Minneapolis, New York City and Harlem. (Submitted)

Share/Save/Bookmark
Last Updated on Friday, 18 April 2014 10:28
 
Nominations are sought for Prowler Hall of Fame Print E-mail
Written by TRF Times   
Friday, 18 April 2014 10:27

Nominations are open for a new list of inductees to the Prowler Hall of Fame in Thief River Falls.
You can obtain nominating forms from School District 564 activities director Mike Biermaier by calling 218-681-7140, or email This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .
Prowler Hall of Fame membership is designed to acknowledge those who have made exceptional contributions to enhance the stature of School District 564 through significance of achievement; quality of leadership; significance of performance; or quality of service.

Read more...
 
Courthouse expansion considered Print E-mail
Written by Scott DCamp   
Tuesday, 15 April 2014 11:46

The long-term future of the City Auditorium and Old Arena have been in question since Pennington County obtained the buildings in January 2008 to gain control of an entire city block.
During their meeting on Tuesday, April 8, commissioners got their first look at conceptual plans that show the potential layout of a three-level addition to the courthouse.
Lead Architect Bruce Schwartzman, Mark Bradby and Bistu Rumicho of the BKV Group met with commissioners to discuss a pair of options to add on to the 70-year-old courthouse building.

Read more...
 
Another tennis sweep Print E-mail
Written by TRF Times   
Tuesday, 15 April 2014 11:48

Jorde Hutton of Thief River Falls returned this shot during the Prowlers’ 2014 boys high school tennis home opener Thursday – a double-dual that included Detroit Lakes and Crookston – on the Franklin Middle School courts.

Read more...
 
Be a tourist in TRF Print E-mail
Written by TRF Times   
Tuesday, 15 April 2014 11:45

The Thief River Falls Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) is offering a Thief River Falls Area Attractions Tour for all front-line staff at local hotels and gas stations during National Travel and Tourism Week. Those employees are often the first people that visitors see when they arrive in our community, and are regularly asked "What is there to do in Thief River Falls?" The CVB would like to give them the answer to that question by helping them discover all the fun things there are to do in their own backyard.

Read more...
 
Forecast For Thief River Falls, Minnesota
This feed will be redirected starting or shortly after March 15th of 2011
TodayTomorrowSundayMondayTuesday
Rain Likely, Probability Of Precipitation: 70%Chance Rain, Probability Of Precipitation: 30%Slight Chance Rain Showers, Probability Of Precipitation: 20%Partly SunnySlight Chance Thunderstorms, Probability Of Precipitation: 20%
Rain Likely
Hi 50°F - Lo 37°F
Chance Rain
Hi 56°F - Lo 33°F
Slight Chance Rain Showers
Hi 60°F - Lo 40°F
Partly Sunny
Hi 57°F - Lo 33°F
Slight Chance Thunderstorms
Hi 57°F - Lo 40°F
Current Conditions:
The most current observation is more than 15725 hours old, please try again later.
Weather data provided by the National Weather ServiceMore...