Template Tools

ADVERTISEMENT

Banner

Welcome to the Thief River Falls Times & Northern Watch Online. Limited news is available without a subscription to The Times. However, the entire paper is available online with an online subscription.

ADVERTISEMENT

Storm damage Print E-mail
Written by TRF Times   
Tuesday, 22 July 2014 15:36

Storm damage from the thunderstorm that passed through the region Monday night included an unconfirmed report of a tornado, an electrical power outage, and reports of trees down like this one on Arnold Avenue in Thief River Falls. See the story on page 8 for more details.

Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Hernandez returns to TRF for fight Print E-mail
Written by Scott DCamp   
Tuesday, 22 July 2014 15:34

by Scott DCamp
Reporter

Like many great athletes, the bitter taste of defeat provided the fuel for Reese Hernandez’s mixed martial arts career.
In February 2001, Hernandez entered the Section 8A wrestling tournament as the number three seed at heavyweight. When he was victorious over two-seed Adam Koralewski of Red Lake County Central in one semifinal, and  top-seeded Justin Olson of Frazee was knocked off in the other semifinal, it appeared that a section title was Hernandez’s for the taking.

Read more...
 
Miss TRF and Riverfest crowned Print E-mail
Written by TRF Times   
Friday, 18 July 2014 13:46

Brittany Johnson, left, and Cyrina Ostgaard were crowned Miss Thief River Falls and Miss Riverfest, respectively, Tuesday night. Johnson is the 65th Miss Thief River Falls and Ostgaard is the first Miss Riverfest.

Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Bandits fall twice Print E-mail
Written by TRF Times   
Tuesday, 22 July 2014 15:44

Back-to-back trips to the Fargo-Moorhead area was rough on the Thief River Falls American Legion baseball team won-loss record.
The Bandits, after losing a 20-0, 2-1 doubleheader to Fargo Post 2 in a Tuesday (July 15) doubleheader at Jack Williams Stadium, played Thursday afternoon at Matson Field, where they dropped a 4-3, 6-3 rescheduled twinbill against Ninth District foe Moorhead.

Read more...
 
Bees are buzzin’ Print E-mail
Written by TRF Times   
Friday, 18 July 2014 13:44

Beekeeper Gary Lane helped a swarm of bees migrate into a beehive box outside of Aric and Crista Attig’s home in Thief River Falls. A swarm of bees congregated onto the Attigs’ mailbox Thursday, July 17 and later moved onto the lawn. Police were dispatched to the scene. Dispatch also called Lane to remove the bees. Lane said a worker bee typically finds a suitable location. Other bees follow. They like to hang onto objects. Lane expected to remove the box after dark since he didn’t know the location of the queen.

Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Forecast For Thief River Falls, Minnesota
This feed will be redirected starting or shortly after March 15th of 2011
TomorrowThursdayFridaySaturdaySunday
Mostly SunnyChance ThunderstormsChance Thunderstorms, Probability Of Precipitation: 40%Chance Thunderstorms, Probability Of Precipitation: 30%Slight Chance Thunderstorms, Probability Of Precipitation: 30%
Mostly Sunny
Hi 75°F - Lo 55°F
Chance Thunderstorms
Hi 78°F - Lo 56°F
Chance Thunderstorms
Hi 79°F - Lo 62°F
Chance Thunderstorms
Hi 78°F - Lo 60°F
Slight Chance Thunderstorms
Hi 74°F - Lo 57°F
Current Conditions:
The most current observation is more than 18008 hours old, please try again later.
Weather data provided by the National Weather ServiceMore...