Template Tools



Welcome to the Thief River Falls Times & Northern Watch Online. Limited news is available without a subscription to The Times. However, the entire paper is available online with an online subscription.


Storm damage Print E-mail
Written by TRF Times   
Tuesday, 22 July 2014 15:36

Storm damage from the thunderstorm that passed through the region Monday night included an unconfirmed report of a tornado, an electrical power outage, and reports of trees down like this one on Arnold Avenue in Thief River Falls. See the story on page 8 for more details.

Hernandez returns to TRF for fight Print E-mail
Written by Scott DCamp   
Tuesday, 22 July 2014 15:34

by Scott DCamp

Like many great athletes, the bitter taste of defeat provided the fuel for Reese Hernandez’s mixed martial arts career.
In February 2001, Hernandez entered the Section 8A wrestling tournament as the number three seed at heavyweight. When he was victorious over two-seed Adam Koralewski of Red Lake County Central in one semifinal, and  top-seeded Justin Olson of Frazee was knocked off in the other semifinal, it appeared that a section title was Hernandez’s for the taking.

Bandits fall twice Print E-mail
Written by TRF Times   
Tuesday, 22 July 2014 15:44

Back-to-back trips to the Fargo-Moorhead area was rough on the Thief River Falls American Legion baseball team won-loss record.
The Bandits, after losing a 20-0, 2-1 doubleheader to Fargo Post 2 in a Tuesday (July 15) doubleheader at Jack Williams Stadium, played Thursday afternoon at Matson Field, where they dropped a 4-3, 6-3 rescheduled twinbill against Ninth District foe Moorhead.

Forecast For Thief River Falls, Minnesota
This feed will be redirected starting or shortly after March 15th of 2011
Mostly Sunny, Probability Of Precipitation: 30%Chance Thunderstorms, Probability Of Precipitation: 40%Chance Rain Showers, Probability Of Precipitation: 30%Mostly SunnyMostly Sunny
Mostly Sunny
Hi 80°F - Lo 57°F
Chance Thunderstorms
Hi 78°F - Lo 58°F
Chance Rain Showers
Hi 70°F - Lo 52°F
Mostly Sunny
Hi 75°F - Lo 55°F
Mostly Sunny
Hi 77°F - Lo 57°F
Current Conditions:
The most current observation is more than 18075 hours old, please try again later.
Weather data provided by the National Weather ServiceMore...